Use of the large format printers in MacLean 128 and the Copy Center is restricted only to Thayer School users who have access to Thayer network shares. Printing is done via HP software on the dedicated release station next to the printer.
The plotter can print documents up to 42" wide.
Before you print: Upload your file to Jumbo
Make sure your poster is formatted as a PDF.
Connect to the Thayer Jumbo share and save your PDF in the plotter folder. NOTE: plotter is a public folder, so anything you save there is accessible by anyone else connected to Jumbo.
To get to the plotter folder on Mac:
- Open a Finder window and type cmd+K to open the "Connect to Server" utility
- In the "Server Address" field, type smb://[my netID]@jumbo.thayer.dartmouth.edu/plotter
To get to the plotter folder on Windows:
- Type cmd+R to open the "Run" dialog
- Enter \\jumbo\jumbo\plotter
For troubleshooting or more general information about connecting to Jumbo, see our Thayer Shares Connecting article.
At the release station:
You may need to log into the release station computer. Use these credentials:
1. Open the Desktop shortcut to the plotter folder and drag your file into the HP Click Plotter Software.
2. Fit your poster to the roll
- Click the three dots underneath the thumbnail of your poster and select the Page Size icon.
- In the dialog that appears, under "General", select "Fit to roll portrait" or "Fit to roll landscape" depending on what is appropriate for your poster.
3. Once you've adjusted the size and scale, click Print!