Sending a Fax via Email
Faxes sent using this method are stored on non-Dartmouth servers. If the data on the fax is at all sensitive, please use the fax machine located in the Copy Center in Cummings.
To send a fax via email, follow these steps:
- Create a new email with the 'To:' address in the format: <destination#>@fax.thayer.dartmouth.edu
- e.g., email@example.com
- The subject of the email is the cover letter subject, and the body of the email is the cover letter body. A fax can be sent with just a cover letter and no attachment.
- If you're sending more than just a cover letter, turn the document you want to send into a PDF and attach it to the email.
- You can attach up to 10 items at up to 5MB each and 20MB total per email.
- If you have any images in your signature, it is best to remove them. The easiest way to do this is to send a plain text email message.
- Once everything is attached, send the message.
You will not receive a confirmation that the email was sent, however we are able to verify if it went out. If you need verification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the destination number so that we can look it up.