Claim Your NetID
Dartmouth's identity management system allows us to maintain secure passwords and to enable self-service password resets and enhanced security for your data and other Dartmouth network services. To enable these improvements, you need to "claim" your account. Claiming is a one-time account setup process that:
- Sets your initial password.
- Sets up 2 factor authentication (Duo)
- Helps protect you from invasion of privacy and unauthorized access to your scholarship, data, and research, in addition to protecting Dartmouth's computing and networking infrastructure.
You will use your NetID and the new password to log into your Dartmouth e-mail account as well as Canvas, BannerStudent, Thayer School systems, VPN, etc.
To claim your NetID:
- Visit myaccount.dartmouth.edu
- Follow the instructions (you can find your NetID at lookup.dartmouth.edu).
To set up Duo for two-factor authentication:
- Visit 2FAenroll.dartmouth.edu.
- Follow instructions.