"SAP2000 Integrated software for structural analysis & design"
"The SAP name has been synonymous with state-of-the-art analytical methods since its introduction over 30 years ago. SAP2000 follows in the same tradition featuring a very sophisticated, intuitive and versatile user interface powered by an unmatched analysis engine and design tools for engineers working on transportation, industrial, public works, sports, and other facilities. " from the SAP2000 product page
SAP2000 is available in MacLean M210, Cummings 013 (aka CADlab), and the Virtual Computer Lab. It is also available on the PC Loaner Laptops.
- Minimum Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64.
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Minimum 8GB RAM.
- Hard disk with at least 6 GB free space.
- 1024x768 graphics resolution or better running 16 bits colors.
Installation on a Windows computer
- The SAP20000 installer can be found at "\\thayerfs.thayer.dartmouth.edu\courses\software\SAP2000" (enter the path in quotes in the start menu, or mount the courses share on ThayerFS)
- Run SAP2000_v21_th.exe to
SAP2000 uses sentinel LM to contact the "License Server" and checks if the dongle is on the server. 30 licenses are available.
The SAP2000 Academic Licensing is licensed for research and educational purposes.