Sending email from your Dartmouth address through Gmail
If you send email from gmail in your Dartmouth Google account, it will automatically be sent from your @dartmouth.edu address.
You can also use a non-Dartmouth Google Mail (Gmail) account to send email as if it is coming from your Dartmouth email address by passing sent mail through the Dartmouth email servers (operated by Microsoft Office365). Follow these steps to set it up:
- Log into your Gmail account and go to the Settings menu on the right (gear icon). Select "Settings".
- Click on the "Accounts and Import" tab of the settings page.
- Click, "Add another email address you own"
- In the Email address field, enter your name and Dartmouth email address. Click "Next Step".
- On the SMTP server screen enter the following values:
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 587
- Username: Your Gmail email
- Password: Your Gmail password
- Click "Add Account"
- Google will send you an email to your Dartmouth email address to confirm you own it. Either click the link in the confirmation email (easier), or copy the confirmation code, and paste it into the code field.
Once you have confirmed your address, you should end up back on the "Accounts and Import" tab of your Gmail settings. Confirm that your Dartmouth address is set up and configured to send mail through smtp.office365.com
You can optionally make your Dartmouth account the default address that it used for sending mail.