Duo (Two-Factor) Authentication
What is Duo?
Duo is a two-factor authentication (2FA) service that Dartmouth has rolled out to replace Security Questions on Dartmouth logins. Two-factor authentication with Duo is more secure, and easier than security questions.
To register a device, go to:
For more details see Dartmouth ITC's documentation: Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) with Duo
Re-activating Duo mobile app when you replace your phone or SIM card
These instructions apply if:
- You have previously registered a cell phone in Dartmouth's Duo program
- Your phone or SIM card has been replaced but you kept the same phone number
- Go to 2faenroll.dartmouth.edu
- After entering your netID and password do NOT do the Duo authentication you will be prompted for; instead click on My Settings & Devices in the left sidebar
- You will be prompted to Duo again -- this time you should actually do it. You'll need to use a different device or accept a phone call or passcode texts to your phone.
- Find your phone in your device list; click Device Options
- Choose Reactivate Duo Mobile
Follow the on-screen instructions from here
Managing shared accounts
If multiple people need to access to a shared Dartmouth account -- for example, a student club account -- each accessors Duo device should be added to the account. See Duo's instructions for adding new devices to an account: https://guide.duo.com/add-device
Keep in mind:
- Do not accept Duo requests that you did not generate!
- Delete devices that should no longer have access to the account!