Cummings Server Room
What is the Cummings Server Room?
The Cummings Server Room in Cummings 218a is administered by Thayer School Computing Services and is available for Thayer and Computer Science faculty and researchers to house their research servers. The room is equipped with:
- Racks for rack-mount servers
- Ten gigabit and gigabit ethernet
- Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
- Redundant computer room air conditioning system (CRAC)
- Limited shelving for desktop form-factor computers purchased before March 2022
Access to the room is controlled by electronic locks activated by authorized Dartmouth ID cards.
Why use the server room?
Research computers can be noisy, hot, consume large amounts of space, and demand power and network capabilities that are difficult to supply in an office or lab environment. The server room allows researchers in Thayer and Computer Science to put their research computers in a physical space specifically designed to handle the needs of a large number of computers.
How do I gain access to the server room?
For access, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- The staff/faculty contact for the (systems)
- A description of the system(s) you wish to house in the server room
Once your request has been approved, you will be asked to fill out and sign the form below so that you may be given key-card access: