Installing on a personal computer
EMCoS is Windows-only software, so the following applies only for Windows users (Mac and Linux users can use the Virtual Computer Lab).
- Connect to ThayerFS following the instructions here: Thayer Shares connecting (note that you must be connected to Dartmouth VPN)
- Go to the courses > software share and run the installer in the EMCoS Studio folder. You can accept the defaults for the install.
- From your Windows start menu, open the EMCoS License Manager.
- Select the License Installation tab.
- Select the License Server radio button and fill in the following values:
- Primary server: emcos-license.thayer.dartmouth.edu
- Port: 2010
- Click Add Server.